A Free Day of Music for the Whole Family: Join Us for KDFC Kids Discovery Day at the Tech on Sunday, February 25
A musical instrument petting zoo? Pint-sized digital composers? All coming up at the Tech Museum!
We’re excited to announce the second annual KDFC Kids Discovery Day at the Tech, 10 AM to 3 PM on Sunday February 25, 2018! Head to San Jose’s Tech Museum of Innovation for another wonderful event designed to introduce children to the joys of live music and the pleasures of making music themselves.
Mention “Classical KDFC” when you enter the museum and admission is free!
Catch KDFC hosts Dianne Nicolini, Ray White, Rik Malone, Robin Pressman, and KDFC President Bill Lueth live in action as we broadcast live from the Tech, 9:30 AM to 1 PM.
Children will also have the opportunity to:
• Create their own music using digital technology
• Create their own instruments in an arts and crafts workshop
• Study the anatomy of a violin
• Visit an “instrument petting zoo” where they can play a variety of string and percussion instruments, courtesy of Music in Schools Today
• Participate in music, story-telling, and singing workshops with teachers from Music for Minors
Live musical performances will run throughout the day, including San Francisco’s famed Friction Quartet, as well as the Discovery Trio from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, accordion virtuoso Karen Hutchinson and tuba ambassador Zachary Spellman. Other groups participating in Discovery Day will include Music at Kohl Mansion, the Peninsula Symphony, and more!